Are you ready for a beautiful new smile? Dr. O’Donnell offers the ultimate in digital dentistry with CEREC same day, one appointment restorations. With CEREC technology, he is able to create, model and design each crown on site. Meaning that each porcelain crown is custom-made to deliver maximum function, an optimal appearance, and comfort. Convenience and comfort are key since you leave in one visit with your permanent restoration in place.
Crowns are one of the most utilized dental treatments in existence. A severely damaged or decayed tooth may create cosmetic imperfections, become a source of sensitivity, or lead to significant pain. Porcelain crowns can be sculpted to closely replicate the look of natural tooth enamel and are designed to reinforce and restore the structural integrity of a tooth, while preserving as much of the natural tooth structure as possible.
Porcelain crowns are an excellent choice when recreating the form and function of a damaged tooth, because a crown basically replaces the entire external portion of the tooth down to the gum level.
Many people spend years unhappy with their smile. They cover their mouths when they speak or laugh because they are self conscious. They are embarrassed to smile for pictures. Don’t let this be you. Imagine a smile you will feel great about showing off! And with technology at Alabama Smile Design, you can be showing it off the same day!
GAIN THE SMILE OF YOUR DREAMS
Dr. O’Donnell is highly trained and will deliver the right solutions for your smile. His primary concern, like yours, is helping you keep your teeth healthy and your smile bright and beautiful for years to come!
Innovative technology, compassion, skill and convenience are just a few of the many reasons patients love coming to Dr. O’Donnell for all of their restorative dental needs
WHEN IS A DENTAL CROWN NEEDED?
There are many different situations that call for crown treatment. A few examples are:
- To rebuild decayed or broken teeth that are not candidates for fillings
- To cover teeth that are discolored or badly shaped
- To add structural support and enhanced aesthetics to a damaged tooth
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To restore tooth structure to a tooth that has received root canal therapy
- To “cap’ off and finish a dental implant.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PORCELAIN CROWNS?
A porcelain crown offers the dual advantages of supporting a compromised tooth and enhancing the beauty of the smile. Additional benefits of quality porcelain crowns can include:
- Improved structural integrity, strength, and durability
- Protection from further damage or decay
- Restored shape
- Improved cosmetic appearance
- Natural looking result
WHAT ARE COSMETIC INLAYS AND ONLAYS?
Inlays and onlays are indirect restorations that can be used to help an otherwise healthy tooth with a large filling. Dr. O’Donnell will determine which restoration is best for you.
- Inlays are placed within the grooves between the cusps (points) of a tooth.
- Onlays are placed within the grooves and over the cusp tips.
- Inlays and onlays can be used to replace old filings, and are more esthetically pleasing because they can be made to match a tooth’s natural color.
- Aside from improving a tooth’s appearance, inlays and onlays can strengthen the structure of a tooth because of their durability and longevity